CRM Mitchell1 2020-08-20T22:02:15+00:002009 Volkswagen GTI CRM Mitchell1 2020-08-20T22:02:15+00:00
- CRANKSHAFT OIL SEAL – Remove & Replace – Standard Trans Rear – [Includes: R&I Transmission Assembly.]
- DISC ROTOR – Remove & Replace – Rear,Both – [Includes: Repack Wheel Bearings (where applicable) and replace Pads (if necessary). DOES NOT include refinishing.]
- -Rear main seal leaking oil.
- -Scanned vehicle. -Found fault codes related to fuel mixture (running lean). -Upon inspection found a oil leak coming from bottom of bell housing. -Smoke tested and found smoke to be leaking from rear main seal. -Unmetered air entering from rear main seal is contributing to lean condition causing runability issues especially when A/C is causing extra load on the engine. -Found aftermarket intake installed. Aftermarket intakes can cause engine to receive more air than it can handle possibly contributing to lean condition as well, but recommend addressing rear main leak first then rechecking.
- -Temperature from vents seems to be blowing cold. -Low side pressure 25psi, high side pressure 185psi. Both within spec. -Customers concern of A/C having a herd time running will be related to the check engine light (lean condition).
- TEST DRIVE
JAMES A. gave our service a 5 star review on 8/19/2020